Custom Search

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

2008/2009 Burton X8 Looks Promising

Alright so I was pretty bummed out about the discontinuation of the Burton Tadashi Fuse pro model but I think I found my board for next season!  The Burton X8 155.  After talking to some of my buddies who own the 07/08 model and fishing around on the internet I am pretty convinced that this X8 is going to be sick!  I have heard its really playful and dominates in the park which is my kind of ride.  Also from what I have read Tadashi Fuse is apparently providing input for the X8 so it should be a fun board to ride.  Oh and did  I mention the top sheet colors change due to temperature.  Sold!  That won't actually be a deciding factor but its still pretty sweet.   

Features
  • Infinite Channel System   
  • Twin Shape
  • Twin Flex
  • Sintered N2o WFO Base
  • Park Fly III Core
  • Multizone EGD
  • Negative Core Profile
  • Triax Response Fiberglass
  • 10:45 Sidewalls
  • Grip and Rip Tuned Edges
  • Elliptical Tip and Tail Kicks
  • Pro Tip
  • Infinite Ride
  • Feel: 3
-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I rode this board on Thursday up at Breck.

This is my first season living somewhere I can snowboard on a regular basis so I have been demo'ing boards to figure out what I want to get. This has been my favorite so far. I've tried a Never Summer SL-R and a Lib Tech TRS BTX.

For being a park board I was surprised at well it handled the groomers. It was real responsive and a lot of fun. I don't know if it was me or the board, but I had a tough time with it in powder in the trees.

Chun said...

Thanks for the post, I'll receive mine tomorrow and think I'll participate in some summer indoor park sessions :-)